Housing E-Learning Network
Social Housing e-Learning Specialists
Membership of the Housing E-Learning Network gives your employees instant access to online Social Housing e-learning that has been created by and for some of the largest Housing Associations in the UK, ideally suited to the unique requirements in the social housing sector.
Housing E-Learning Network Membership allows you the following:
Select e-learning courses specifically designed to deal with Social Housing issues by some of the biggest Housing Associations in the UK. Courses include:
Hot Topics - e-Learning Category
* Introduction to Housing Associations: This course involves an overview of housing associations, what they are and the job they do. This can be used as part of employee induction.
* Introduction to Debt: StepChange Debt Charity: This course gives an introduction to the charity StepChange and what they can do to help tenants in debt.
* About Debt: StepChange Debt Charity: This course looks at the causes of debt and how to recognise them.
* Referring a Tenant: StepChange Debt Charity: This looks at the procedure for referring a customer or tenant to the charity.
* Housing Debt Case Studies: StepChange Debt Charity: This shows how tenants can be worked with to resolve their debt problems.
* Estate Management: This Introduction to Estate Management course outlines the importance of good estate management and the role of the Neighbourhood Officer in managing and planning estates.
* Home Ownership: This course educates employees on providing an excellent level of customer service to homeowners as well as understand more about homeownership. It also instructs the learner on where to find further information where necessary.
* Section 20: The e-learning sets out what your duties are as a social landlord under the Section 20 legislation. It uses case studies to illustrate the financial impact of failing to comply.
* Tenancy Management: This learning session is aimed at all front line Housing staff who manage tenancies. The course contains information about the types of tenancies, agreements and how to enforce them.
Welfare Reform Landlords: This course gives an overview of the Welfare Reform 2013 changes and introduces to the learner how this will affect their job as a social housing provider.
Welfare Reform Tenants: This course gives an overview of the Welfare Reform 2013 changes and shows the tenant how this will affect them.
Induction - e-Learning Category
Customisable Induction/On Boarding: A unique system for producing customised induction.
Health & Safety - e-Learning Category
Asbestos Awareness: This course is aimed at all people who are likely to come into contact with asbestos whilst at work. This training should be carried out immediately before commencing such work.
* Asbestos Awareness for Neighbourhood Officers: This course is aimed specifically at Neighbourhood Officers, giving them the skills to deal with asbestos cases effectively and to impart appropriate information to the tenants.
* Assistive Technology: This course is aimed at all people who are required to support people with varying levels of care and independence.
COSHH: All employees who handle or work near hazardous chemicals are required to know about the COSHH regulations. This is usually carried out prior to starting work.
Driver Safety: This e-learning module on driver safety outlines the key issues surrounding staying safe behind the wheel of the car. The e-learning gives instruction on the most common causes of road accidents and how to avoid them.
Fire Safety: This course gives basic fire safety training, instructing the learner in the correct procedures in event of a fire.
Health and Safety Induction: Topics from this comprehensive safety induction program include Electricity, Working at Height, Manual Handling, Ergonomics, Fire Safety, Asbestos, Needlestick, COSHH, Noise, Vibration, Stress etc.
Lone Working: This course provides guidance on how lone workers' health and safety is managed. It also instructs the worker on correct working procedures when working alone.
Manual Handling: This course deals with basic lifting procedure as well as assessing risk in lifting and other manual handling operations.
Office Safety/Ergonomics: This course teaches the employer how to set up their workstation correctly as well as carrying out an ergonomic assessment.
* Risk Assessment: This training has been developed to give you the basic skills for carrying out a workplace risk assessment in a social housing workplace setting.
Working at Heights: This course gives an overview of current legislation and instructs the learner on how to safely Work at Heights.
Security - e-Learning Category
Anti- Money Laundering Introduction: Money Laundering is the process by which criminals and terrorists convert money obtained illegally into legitimate funds. This course covers how to recognise money laundering in social housing and how to avoid it.
* Anti- Money Laundering Regulated Activities: This course covers how to recognise and prevent money laundering in the regulated sector.
* Anti Social Behaviour for General Employees: This e-learning course has been designed to give guidance to employees and contractors on recognising anti-social behaviour and what to do to control it.
* Anti Social Behaviour for Community Safety Officers: This e-learning course has been designed to give more detailled guidance to Community Safety Officers on what to do when encountering ASB and the legal options available.
* Bribery: This course covers compliance with the Bribery Act. The course emphasises the importance of applying common sense and honesty when dealing with suppliers.
* Bribery Act: This course deals with the thngs you need to know to ensure your business complies with the Bribery Act 2010. The course emphasises the importance of applying common sense and honesty when dealing with suppliers.
Data Protection Act: The e-learning introduces the Data Protection Act (DPA), the terminology used in the Act and how to apply it to your workplace. A case study of implementing this course can be found on the site.
General Security: This course gives an overview of security threats: recognising the various types and consequences of a breach in company security.
IT Security: This course covers company policy surrounding IT security, including network eavesdropping, protective measures, password security and best practice to avoid attack.
Social Learning - e-Learning Category
* Alcohol and Drugs Awareness: This course covers the problems surrounding the abuse of legal and illegal substances at work, disciplinary procedures and policy.
Equality and Diversity Foundation: The reasons for encouraging diversity with social housing and beyond are discussed. This course is an introduction to the subject which can be used as part of an employee's induction.
Equality and Diversity: The course involves identifying the types of discrimination and what to do when discrimination is encountered. It also covers the benefits of equality.
* People Management: This e-learning session which has been designed to help managers throughout the organisation who have responsibility for managing people. This course will enable you to get a clear picture on what “people management” means.
Safeguarding Children: This course offers basic child protection training to all staff whose work brings them into contact with families, children and young people.
Stress: The e-learning covers methods of identifying stress and deals with coping strategies for reducing the stress felt at work.
Time Management: This course focuses on what makes effective time management and offers some strategies and advice to increasing efficiency at work.
* Courses released in last 3 months
e-learning courses are growing at approximately 20 per year as the Housing E-Learning Network works with some of the largest Housing Associations and Social Housing providers in the UK to produce new e-learning, combining the best e-learning design with the most up to date Social Housing information providers in the UK.
The Housing E-Learning Network are happy to work with our members to produce e-learning that suits the unique needs of the Housing Association and Social Housing sector.
Up to 4 courses are included with the bronze membership fee, 8 with the Silver and 12 with Gold. The Platinum Service allows unlimited e-learning courses, free customisation and filming of an induction course and the option of an on-site Intranet Installation.
The courses may alternatively be purchased separately, prices start at £30 per person. All prices are discounted for multiple users. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org for an instant quote for your e-learning requirements.
Housing E-Learning Network will host your e-learning for you and set up a unique e-Learning portal which can exist on your intranet or online. If you are a Social Housing provider with your own Learning Management System, then you are also welcome to install all e-learning courses locally at no extra cost.
All Housing E-Learning Network courses can be customised using the Jackdaw CMS (Content Management Software) which allows you to add to the e-learning provided. Any of the text, image or videos can be amended to ideally suit your organisation.
The Housing E-Learning Network were at the Chartered Institute of Housing Show in Manchester 2013.
Thank you to everyone who visited the stand, existing members and new ones to making it a very successful show.
Why we are unique...?
The e-learning which the Housing E-Learning Network supplies is far in advance of anything currently available using video presenters and 3D presentations. Furthermore all courses have been designed to the unique demands of the Social Housing/Housing Association sector in conjunction with some of the largest names in the industry.
See our presentation which has been written using the same technology and standards that apply to our e-learning, that is closer to TV documentaries than the PowerPoint film-making of old.
Don't take our word for it, contact email@example.com else call 0118 902 6825 and we can give you instant access to any or all of our courses immediately.