Why an e-learning Network for Social Housing Providers?
The Housing e-Learning Network (or Housing ELN) is a joint venture between some of the UK's top social housing providers and e-Learning WMB to ensure that the best technology and knowledge are combined for the benefit of this industry sector.
If your organisation is considering deploying e-learning or even already has an e-learning supplier, we highly recommend that you consider the network as a potential one-stop e-learning solution.
10 reasons for considering the Housing E-Learning Network:
1. Learning is better: 3D e-learning we produce is as far away from the traditional PowerPoint style e-learning of old as Grand Theft Auto version 1 is from 5 (of course if you know nothing about video games this is a rather vacuous fact.) This captures the viewer's interest and helps retain their attention and learn.
2. Our e-learning is relevant. We work with our partner organisations to produce courses by and for people who actually do the job within the social housing sector. As a result the training is extremely relevant (Section 20, Welfare Reform Act, Estate Management - just some of our recent courses).
3. You will never need to buy another course: if you need a new course relevant to our social housing membership and it is not on our course list then we will build it for you free of charge within a 4 week period of finalizing the script.
4. e-learning that can respond quicker to changes in technology: since we make the software used to create our e-learning we can respond instantly to any change in technology (mobiles, operating systems etc.) There is no need to wait for the next release of Articulate, Captivate etc.
5. Better support: call or email us - you will get straight through to the technical team who developed the systems we use. We take pride in offering experienced support directly to you.
6. One-stop solution - support issues no longer need to fall between suppliers.
7. Mobile Learning - try to squeeze traditional e-Learning onto a smartphone and it looks cramped and it difficult to read. A Housing ELN e-learning app on the other hand recreates the world of Gulliver, as a mini presenter walks across your hand - download any free e-Learning WMB Android or iPhone app to see.
8. Our systems are built ergonomically - the management team started life in ergonomics and as a result the "right way" has often been seen as the most ergonomic (or user-friendly) way. This is no more applicable to Learning Management System design which has been designed specifically for business users and not a handful of people in academic institutions.
9. We are cheap - not in a bad way as we lavish care and attention in everything we do - but we share the cost of development across the entire membership, which means lower e-learning costs are passed on to you..
10. We are effective - this is the most important factor. Our e-learning works; in a recent independent study of over 100 learners 98% said they found the e-learning effective! A far cry from the negative stereotype some have had of e-learning
It is this ethos of doing things right that enables us to make e-learning that we know will really deliver results.